Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Slam Dunk Shirts

I guess I will start my log with an idea I've had for quite a while. I am a passionate basketball fan, and I also like cool fashion. My idea is to put pictures of popular dunks on t-shirts and sell them in places like Foot Locker, Foot Action, and other sports/fashion stores. They would not just be photographs, however. These would be hand drawn to the likeness of popular dunks. I am not an artist, so I would have to find someone to do this. While it is quite simple, I have not seen it done. I have been to 5 major cities in the last year (Atlanta, Houston, Chicago, New York City, and LA) and yet I have not seen it.

Instead of just selling shirts anywhere, my strategy would be based on geographic location. For example, in the Bay Area, I would sell t-shirts with a popular Golden State Warriors player. (Pics provided below)

It would be extremely easy to enter this market. However, to stay ahead of the game, I would venture to other ideas, such as portraying streetball legends on shirts. In every major city there are basketball legends, and these shirts would be more expensive. In addition to streetball legends, I would also try venture and start a clothing brand. The only problem is I would need a memorable logo. Hmmm . . . something to think about for later.

Wouldn't these be great on a t-shirt?


No comments:

Post a Comment