Wednesday, March 4, 2009

National Society of Black Scientists and Engineers Organization Structure

With today's discussion about ambidextrous organizations, I thought about how this could be applied to an issue I have with one of my organizations, the Society of Black Scientists and Engineers. The issue is that it is difficult to get freshmen and seniors deeply involved with the organization. I believe a good idea would be to have a focus group in this area, that work to find creative ways to include freshman in activities and how to address why senior participation tails off, and what we can to fix it. In this case, however, I think it would be best to have a cross functional structure so that everyone on the executive board knows what is going on. The ambidextrous structure would also cause some overlap because for certain positions, such as treasurer, it is best that there remains one for unity across the organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment