When thinking of teams, I try to apply it to a context I know and love, basketball. A team consists of usually 10 to 15 players. This makes it really easy to get to know your teammates, and everyone is liable for their play. Otherwise, they will be cut from the team. Also, different players usually have different areas of expertise. Some players might be better shooters and offensive players, while others are better defensive players. And yet, some players are meant to be leaders. With all of these forces combined and a bit of chemistry, you have a successful basketball team.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Teams - A Context That Works for Me
This week we learned about the necessary conditions for a successful team. The team activity was great but I wish we had more time to bond as a team. I think we would have been more successful.

When thinking of teams, I try to apply it to a context I know and love, basketball. A team consists of usually 10 to 15 players. This makes it really easy to get to know your teammates, and everyone is liable for their play. Otherwise, they will be cut from the team. Also, different players usually have different areas of expertise. Some players might be better shooters and offensive players, while others are better defensive players. And yet, some players are meant to be leaders. With all of these forces combined and a bit of chemistry, you have a successful basketball team.
When thinking of teams, I try to apply it to a context I know and love, basketball. A team consists of usually 10 to 15 players. This makes it really easy to get to know your teammates, and everyone is liable for their play. Otherwise, they will be cut from the team. Also, different players usually have different areas of expertise. Some players might be better shooters and offensive players, while others are better defensive players. And yet, some players are meant to be leaders. With all of these forces combined and a bit of chemistry, you have a successful basketball team.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment