I have noticed that I am my most creative early in the morning. It is 4:28 AM and I am working on the web site for the 6th Man Club. The 6th Man Club is Stanford Men's Basketball Fan Club. This is something I noticed in high school. When I go to sleep early and wake up at an unusual time, such as 1 to 2AM, I am usually my most productive.
I am reflecting on yesterday's lecture regarding creativity during a period of uncertainty and time pressure. The author suggested that uncertainty leads to lack of creativity in time pressured situations. I disagree with this belief. As I design this web site, I am under time pressure because it has to be completed by later today. Also, there is uncertainty because I do not know exactly what the committee is looking for. I believe since there is uncertainty, my technological vision is wider compared to if I know exactly what to put on the page, I would have tunnel vision. Also, under time pressure, I don't have time to second guess myself. I notice I have a habit of coming up with a really creative idea, and thinking its outrageous, quickly supplanting it. Time pressure does not allow me to do this, which is great for expressing my creativity. This is really important in technology. I feel that tech people are masters when it comes to dealing with headlines because they are always finding errors with their and figuring out ways to improve it. Maybe these ideas don't apply as well to the technology industry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment